german english chinese

Our history from 1947 till present

From the foundation of a textile company in Allgäu to a globally established supplier of mechatronic components – this is our history.
Environmental awareness as a guideline

Important milestones in our history

1947Foundation of Textil GmbH by Max Swoboda in Wiggensbach/ Allgäu
1961Entry into the automotive industry with the production of wiring harnesses
1968Start-up of injection molding technology
1985Start-up of coil winding technology
1989First production of plastic part with bonding characteristics
1994Foundation of Swoboda CZ, s.r.o. in Jihlava, Czech Republic
1995Commissioning of the first complex automated production line
1997Foundation of Swoboda Inc., Grand Rapids, (Michigan USA)
2001Start of fully automated production plant for sensor housings for airbag control units
2002Production of the first oil-sealed lead frames for automatic transmissions
2004Founding of a subsidiary company for precision electrical component stamping, Swoboda-Stamping, s.r.o. in Jilhava, Czech Republic
2007Change of ownership to second generation of the Swodoba family sells to the current owners. Swodoba remains a family-owned company
2009Production of the first sensor assembly with diagnostics capability
2011Foundation of Swoboda (Kunshan) Co., Ltd. in China
2012Acquisition of NewTec Innovation SRL at Timisoara in Romania. Renaming of the company to Swodoba SRL
2013Hartmann-exact Group becomes a 100% subsidiary of the Swoboda Group. Transfer of Hartmann production plant in Sibiu in Romania to Swoboda Group
2014Founding Swoboda Mechatronics SA de CV, San Juan del Río/Querétaro, Mexico.
Acquisition of the tool shop Rainer Mattausch GmbH in Zirndorf near Nuremberg, Germany
2016Moving the tool shop to Fürth into the newly built Swoboda tool shop center